The slider above shows a selection of websites designed with WordPress.
Variations and flexibility
There are thousands of themes to choose from, but even when you choose your theme, depending on the theme, it can be customised in many ways
- Each theme can be customised to change colours, backgrounds and typestyles. Some themes offer different options within the theme, eg different page templates and slider styles.
- Adding widgets can customise your theme further. Widgets are mini-programmes that add functionality, eg Facebook, newsfeed and calendars
- Adding plugins can add all sorts of functionality, eg shopping carts, SEO tools, social media sharing tools, event management tools and booking management.
There are many free themes, but these usually do not have support so if you need help setting up any aspect of the theme you may come unstuck, or you’ll just have to figure it out yourself.
Responsy WP theme – US$40
Image to the left shows before and after.
- Responsive theme.
- Can add widgets into sidebars, and bottom bar.
A standard business theme
Symple is a powerful business WordPress theme built on a responsive grid system.
Images show two options for the home page layout, one of the blog page templates and one of the gallery templates.
- 12 drag & drop homepage layout sections, 4 separate unique featured sliders (Parallax, Cycle, Flick, & Pika)
- unlimited slideshow options for pages
- 2 gallery layouts
- 20 separate custom background options (also for Parallax customization),
- a snazzy notification bar
- 4 blog templates
- 5 single post layout options that you can change on a post by post basis
Online stores / Shopping cart themes
Responsive theme using OpenCart.
Unlimited theme colors, hundreds of available theme fonts, dozens of features, settings and advanced powerful backend administration theme panel allows you to make your own unique themes from this one, without special programmer or designers skills!
Plugins add powerful functionality to any WordPress theme.
Here are some examples:
Online booking plugin – Bookfresh
BookFresh is an online scheduling plugin that’s used by over 80,000 businesses who offer over 100 different kinds of services in many different countries. With BookFresh, your customers will have everything they need to book the right service with the right person at the right time. We have a FREE plan, and the premium plan is free to try out for 30 days!
- Book appointments from your WordPress page: cut back on time answering phones and focus on your business
- Powerful calendaring: maximize your schedule by staying organized and on the same page
- Automatic reminders: reduce no-shows by 90% without even picking up the phone
- Take credit cards online: pre-payments and deposits ensure you’re not wasting your time
- Sync all your calendars: Google, Outlook, iCal all synced up to one master calendar
- Manage your calendar from all devices: phone, web, tablet, or mobile, we’ve got you convered
- Send emails: send clients thank you notes or tell them about your latest offer
- Block out time for yourself: show clients when you are not available
Recent websites designed by Conduit Communications
- Jones Lang LaSalle Events – a microsite for Jones Lang LaSalle
- The Red Box – a closed, members only site for staff of Jones Lang LaSalle
- 4D scanning by Annerley – A microsite on the main Annerley site to promote
- Outlook – a microsite to promote the monthly Outlook report for the Henley Group
- Zekkei Collection – Luxury Villas and Chalets
- Sapphire International – Organic cotton terry-towelling garment manufacturer
- The Orchard Partnership – Business coaching and sales development
Mills International Preschool – newly opened Hong Kong-based preschool
- Face Productions (both Mills International and Face Productions are part of the Kids’ Gallery Group so the client chose to use the same theme, but customised for each business)
Please leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments